OUR CALLING FROM GOD:
- To utilize the amazing resource of indigenous Christian healthcare workers already within the world’s existing healthcare systems for sharing Jesus
- To be obedient to Jesus when He said, “You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
For patients in hospitals and clinics throughout the world to hear about the reality of Jesus and experience His compassion through the words and actions of Christian healthcare workers.
To equip and mobilize Christian healthcare workers as witnesses for Jesus, enabling them to:
- Use God-given opportunities with patients with permission, sensitivity and respect
- Meet patients at their point of need by treating the whole patient — body, mind and spirit
- Be active and appropriate witnesses for Jesus patient-by-patient as a result of the overflowing of Christ in them
- Respond and be obedient to the work of the Holy Spirit
- Working in partnership
- Being servant leaders
- Utilizing and uplifting indigenous talent
- Being invisible
- Pursuing a Christian model of whole-person care (body, mind, spirit)
WHAT WE DO
IHS Global trains Christian healthcare workers who are already caring for the physical needs of their patients to also care for their spiritual needs. In order to best mobilize and equip these healthcare workers, we have adopted a unique ministry model composed of a Partnership, Process and People.
A covenant partnership of Christian healthcare organizations, the International Saline Partnership, allows for the sharing of personnel and resources, resulting in a worldwide network of indigenous trainers dedicated to equipping Christian healthcare workers as witnesses for Jesus.
The Saline Process, our healthcare witness training, is a tool for equipping and mobilizing Christian healthcare workers as witnesses, including follow-up and accountability. The Saline Process includes Training-of-Trainers (TOT) which equips trained witnesses to, in turn, train other Christian colleagues in their region or locality. The key elements of the Saline Process are:
- Witness Training
Our witness training occurs on global, regional and local levels. The people that compose this tremendous reservoir of talent include:
- Global multiplying trainers endorsed by the individual partnership organizations and
- Indigenous regional and local witnesses certified as trainers
As a result, thousands of trained healthcare witnesses for Jesus are impacting patients in their place of work and sphere of influence.